Knight Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classification

4 posters

Go down

Classification Empty Classification

Post by Guardianknight Sun May 16, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey guys, topic on the RPC (roleplayer's coalition) made me start thinkin bout how we're gonna classify the LS in terms of roleplay. When do we want to stay in character, and when do we want to be casual about ourselves? I would assume stayin in character as much as possible would maximize the immersion but I could be wrong, first RP LS I've lead and I'd be interested to hear everyone's opinion.
Guardianknight
Guardianknight
Admin

Character
Character Name: Kit Aster
Race: Hyur
Starting Region: Gridania

http://knightlife.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Classification Empty Re: Classification

Post by Eltharian Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm

I personally prefer if we try and stay in-character the majority of the time when chatting in the guild, but I'm not opposed to a bit of out of character chatting as well, especially in the beginning when we are just trying to figure the game out.

This was how my linkshell back in FFXI ran, and it worked out pretty well. The more in-character chatting going on, the more opportunities for character development.
Eltharian
Eltharian

Character
Character Name: Eltharian Llieldras
Race: Elezen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu May 20, 2010 12:13 am

I agree w/ being IC most of the time. If we need to talk OOC we can always change but I like to see IC when I enter to a place
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by liondude Sat May 22, 2010 11:54 pm

ive always wanted to rp but never have. so you guys talk on the linkshell IC all the time? how would that coordinate with the story?

i mean like when your out fishing, yea it gets boring withought a LS to talk toor listen to. How would you go about staying IC when your just fishing, yea u could be magically talkng to people in eorzea your close with but idk...

i mean yea if you like take one or few people to go out fishing from the guild then yea that would be a good IC experience.

This was just an example and im just saying this because im new to rp so i wanna learn and be ready to this come release.

liondude

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltharian Sun May 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Well we don't really know how the linkshell/guild thing works in FFXIV yet but for FFXI we treated the linkshell as a magical communication tool (which is pretty much how they explained it in the lore) so we would be able to stay in character when talking amongst other members that were not in the same area. We'll have to wait and see how it will be done this time around.
Eltharian
Eltharian

Character
Character Name: Eltharian Llieldras
Race: Elezen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: