Knight Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topics we should discuss before release.

Go down

Topics we should discuss before release. Empty Topics we should discuss before release.

Post by Eltharian Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:23 am

Alright, to help establish Knight Life into the linkshell it will soon become, there are a few things I think we should discuss in order to get up and running upon the release.

1. First of all, the RPC has voted and decided upon the Besaid server as being the unofficial RP server for the release of the game. I assume we will also want to be located on this server so this is probably not much of a topic to discuss much, but just in case you do, discuss here.

2. We should discuss what our linkshells general alignment will be. Corolie has written a post titled What shall your Character alignment be?, which is a good way to choose on what side of the spectrum your character lies, and what alignment you would like to see this linkshell become.

3. The story of our linkshell is important as well. What is our story and purpose as a group in the lands of Eorzea?

4. Linkshell rules and guidelines such as our stance on amount of OOC talk in the linkshell, use of profanity, abuse of metagaming and god moding should be discussed. Also what classification of roleplayers will we be, lite, casual, moderate, heavy, or in between.

5. Who will be playing the game at release and who will not, so we can plan on how and when to meet up with each other.

Anything else I have missed that you would like to discuss, do it here as well.

Eltharian
Eltharian

Character
Character Name: Eltharian Llieldras
Race: Elezen
Starting Region: Gridania

Back to top Go down

Topics we should discuss before release. Empty Re: Topics we should discuss before release.

Post by Eltharian Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:52 am

Here are my opinions on these matters.

1. I'm all for going to the RP server, so Besaid is fine with me.

2. Eltharian is somewhere around Chaotic Good, but I'm gonna have to favor True Neutral or Lawful Neutral for a basis of the linkshell, that way a wide variety of personalities could clash well within the group and make things interesting.

3. I was thinking maybe we could come up with a story that is fitting of our name, like maybe our group is an order of Knights and their supporters who are unknown by most throughout Eorzea and operate mostly in the shroud of night.

Why, and for what gain? This could open up many doors, and many stories could unfold from there. I could expand on this, but would like to hear others thoughts as well.

4. I would like to see most of the linkshell chat IC, but I personally don't mind a bit of OOC chat as well when properly done ((in parenthesis or brackets)). I understand that as we start off, the convenience of speaking OOC to each other is somewhat of a must, and once we get to know each other better and are more comfortable with the game we can relax on the OOC while RPing.

I'm not opposed to using profanity if used tastefully, while RPing. The game itself has a good amount of language in it from what I have seen. My character will be known to toss a few around here and there, but he will do so in the manner of the setting of the game. For example, he would say things like "The Twelve be damned!" instead of just a 'God damnit'. I believe most, if not all of us are adults here, and we can handle a bit of language. Razz

As far a meta gaming and god moding, if someone in the linkshell is doing so, I would like to take action and let them know that they are, and explain how so if they do not understand. I know that sometimes everyone slips up and it happens on occasion, so I would never fault someone for a mistake or two if done unintentionally. If it happens over and over and done intentionally, however, I think a swifter course of action should be taken.

I would call myself more of a moderate roleplayer, so I would vote the same for the linkshell classification.

I plan to start playing at the time of release, I bought the CE copy but I don't think my computer will be ready to play it until the end of the month. No head start for me. Sad

Other than that, I'm looking foward to hearing everyone else's thoughts. Smile
Eltharian
Eltharian

Character
Character Name: Eltharian Llieldras
Race: Elezen
Starting Region: Gridania

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum